Guided tours of this stately mansion offer a splendid opportunity for visitors to experience the material culture and social history during the time it was occupied by Governor Sam Stewart and his family, 1913-1921.
Interactive children’s tours highlight stories of the mischievous young Stewart girls, Emily, Marjorie, and Leah. Participants experience social and material culture from 100 years ago and become part of life at the mansion when they receive a role to play, crank up the Victrola, or place a call on a vintage phone.
Tour groups are limited to twenty people.
Fee: $4.00 per adult, $1.00 per child, $10.00 per family maximum.
Museum/OGM Combo Passes: $8.00 per adult, $1.50 per child, $19.00 per family maximum.
May 15 - September 15
Tuesday - Saturday: Tours at noon, 1:00, 2:00 and 3:00
Closed Sundays, Mondays and holidays.
September 16 - May 14
Tours at noon, 1:00, 2:00 and 3:00
How to Schedule a Group Tour of the Original Governor's Mansion
- School tours are free; adult group tours cost $50 per group (maximum 20 people).
- Please contact us at least two weeks in advance. For tours planned during legislative sessions or the month of May, it is advisable to make arrangements a month in advance as these time slots fill early.
- To book a tour, please call (406) 444-4794 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To facilitate the process please provide the following information:
- Preferred tour date
- Preferred tour times
- Size and grade level/age of your group
- Special needs or considerations
- Which tours you would like
Once we have scheduled your tour, we will mail you a reservation confirmation form, and if applicable, an invoice for your admission fee. Payment can either be made in advance or at the time of your visit.