Become A Member in November!
This month when you become a member of the Montana Historical Society you will eligible for special weekly raffles and a grand prize. Our friends and partners have contributed great gifts to thank you including: pottery from the Archie Bray Foundation; beaded necklace by Ennie Raye (Chippewa Cree) from Kendra Owens; an MHS Montana book basket; Montana lottery tickets; and the grand prize - an outing at Fairmont Hot Springs in Anaconda! Every member will also receive a special lapel pin commemorating the MHS' 150th anniversary.
Membership Day is Monday, November 9th. Admission to Montana's Museum is free all day. Stop in and say hi to Membership Coordinator Rebecca Baumann on November 9, or any day!
On Thursday, November 12 we'll be offering behind-the-scenes tours at 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Space is limited, so call in advance at (406) 444-3695 to reserve your spot.
Second Saturday, November 14, will also feature free museum admission thanks to our sponsor Helena Community Credit Union. A special drawing for prizes will be held that day.
Hope to see you soon!
History Worth Celebrating!
The Montana Historical Society tells the real story of Montana's past.
When you join the Montana Historical Society you become more than just a member. You become an educator, a student, a curator, an archaeologist, an archivist, an author, and a proponent of the Treasure State's remarkable cultural heritage. And most importantly, you become an advocate for Montana's irreplaceable past. Join today and become part of the team that shapes Montana's future by preserving its past. Help us celebrate the Montana Historical Society's first 150 years!
Montana Historical Society highlights
- Historical and artistic treasures at Montana's Museum
- One-of-a-kind historical documents in our Research Center
- Workshops on preserving our cultural past
- Tours of the Capitol and Original Governor's Mansion
- Fascinating lectures on Western history
- Our award-winning journal, Montana The Magazine of Western History
- An extensive program of educational events, hands-on learning programs, and curriculum guides
- Participate anywhere! Learn more about Montana history and happenings through our social media channels.