The Research Center can create photographic or digital reproductions of many items in our collections. Payment and a signed order form must accompany each request.
Before ordering a reproduction, please note:
- Payment Orders must be pre-paid in U.S. funds. Fees are payable by cash, check, international money order, or major credit card.
- Credit or Refunds The Research Center does not give credit or refunds.
- Delivery Allow at least three (3) weeks for delivery of reproductions in any format.
- Rush Orders Rush orders are available for double the normal fee. Allow up to ten (10) days for delivery of a rush order in any format.
- Publication and/or Commercial Use A permission application must be completed for publication and/or commercial use of an image. A fee is charged for each image that is used commercially. This fee may be paid at time of publication or commercial use. A credit line must be used; the proper wording of the credit will be stamped on the back of the copy print or attached to the digital image.
- One Use Permission will be granted for one-time use only. Any subsequent use of a print or digital image requires the written permission of the Research Center. All other rights, including those of further publication, are reserved in full by the Research Center.
- Use Privileges We reserve the right to refuse to provide reproductions to publishers and individuals who have not complied with our policies.
- Copyright Restrictions The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright that may apply to the use of Research Center materials. The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Photocopies or other reproductions can be furnished only under certain conditions, if they will be used solely for private study, scholarship, or research. Use of the reproductions for other purposes may make the user liable for copyright infringement.
Note: The Montana Historical Society reserves the right to refuse to accept an order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would violate copyright law.